Meeting Minutes

meetingminutes

Click on any month below to view the meeting minutes:

June

August

October

December


June Meeting

NOTE: Prior to this meeting due to work obligations the Secretary wasn’t able to attend the meetings, thus no meeting minutes were posted.

President opened the meeting at 12:30

Officer Roll Call: President (Present), Vice President (Present), Treasurer (Present), Secretary (Present)

Teams Roll Call: Predators (Absent), Hitmen (Absent), Phantoms (Absent), Mtn Lions (Absent), Cyclones (Present), Comanche (Present), Shock (Present), Tomahawks (Present), Vikings (Present), Jaguars (Present), Wildcats (Present), Warriors (Present), Tigers (Present), Maniacs (Present)

President’s Report:  President spoke about getting equipment back.  Had the Vice President hand out the ballots for the awards.

Treasurer’s Report:  Treasurer spoke about not being able to do his job accurately with recording fines due to the Secretary not keeping track of accurate meeting minutes.  It was voted on squashing all attendance fines for the year.  Motioned Wildcats; Second Jaguars.  Passed.

Referee checks to all the teams hosting playoff games would be mailed out.

End of the Year Awards:

Mountain MVP – Malik Breon
Valley MVP – Greg Medina

Mountain OPOY – Lashawn Brown
Valley OPOY – Corey Talerico

Mountain DPOY – Chad McHenry
Valley DPOY – Tyler Deiter

Mountain ROY – Josh Flinn
Valley ROY – Greg Williams

Mountain Big Ugly – Aaron Nicklas
Valley Big Ugly – Ryan Contento

Mountain Coach of the Year – Thor Marlow
Valley Coach of the Year – Brent Melhorn

Person of the Year – James Simerson
Community Spirit Award – Jefferson County Jaguars

Meeting Ended at 3:00.  Motion by Tomahawks; 2nd by Shock.


August Meeting

President opened the meeting at 12:30

Officer Roll Call: President (Present), Vice President (Present), Treasurer (Absent), Secretary (Absent)

Teams Roll Call: Predators (Present), Phantoms (Present), Mtn Lions (Present), Cyclones (Present), Comanche (Absent), Shock (Present), Tomahawks (Present), Vikings (Present), Jaguars (Absent), Wildcats (Absent), Warriors (Present), Tigers (Present), Maniacs (Present)

President’s Report:  President spoke about the Hitmen moving to an 11 man league.

Shock asked to possibly add patches or decal for Keystone Bowl.  Predators motioned.  Cyclones 2nd.  It was agreed that the teams participating in the Keystone Bowl would get decals for the back of their helmet.

Shock asked to add Passing TDs to the stats as well as an MVP trophy for the Keystone Bowl.  Tomahawks motioned.  Predators 2nd. Vote was unanimous.

Predators asked to change their name from the Schuylkill County Predators to the Lehigh Valley Bandits.  Shock motioned.  Maniacs 2nd.  Vote was 8 to 1 in favor of the name change.

Phantoms asked to change their team name from the Phantoms to the Kings.  Predators Motioned.  Cyclones 2nd.  Vote was 8 to 1 in favor of the name change.

Benton asked to change their names to just the Maniacs and drop Benton (denied; no vote).  Also, asked to move their field to the old Bucks field.  The new Expansion Director was asked to look into the distance and get back to them.

Tomahawks mentioned a plan and amendment to the bylaws regarding equipment.  Teams had until December to turn in names of players that still owe them monetary or equipment.  Those players would have until the January meeting to return the former team’s property or not be able to play week 1 or until equipment or monetary was returned.  Mtn Lions Motioned.  Cyclones 2nd.  Vote was 8 to 1 in favor of the amendment.

Election:

President: James Simerson

Vice President: Brent Melhorn

Treasurer: TBD

Secretary: Misty Simon

Mountain Director: Bubba Smith

Valley Director: Dave Rotsch

North Expansion Director: Tyler Gates

South Expansion Director: Brian Rodgers

Meeting Ended at 3:00.  Motion by Cyclones; 2nd by Shock.


October Meeting

12:25- Called to order

Officer Roll Call: President, Secretary, Mountain Director, North Expansion Director, South Expansion Director

Team Roll Call: Comanche, Dubois, Maniacs, Cyclones, Tomahawks, Warriors, Shock, Vikings (absent), Willdcats (absent), Kings (absent), Jaguars (absent)

Previous Minutes:

  • Minutes from past few months are posted on website.

PUBLIC COMMENTS: N/A

PRESIDENT’S REPORT: N/A

TREASURER’S REPORT

  • Kings owe $75.00, Shock owe $50.00, Mtn. Lions owe $25.00, Maniac’s owed $25.00 but paid.
  • New team fee will be $575.00 and returning team fee will be $525.00.

EXPANSION DIRECTOR REPORT

  • Four teams were there to present and one was on the way but did not make it due to a car accident.
  • Discussed 25 mile plan but decided it will stay this year. Will discuss population adjustment in the future.

LEAGUE IMPROVEMENT

  • Encouraged all to speak up and participate in order to make the league a successful league.

CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS:

  • They are posted on the website

RULES AND OFFICIATING:

  • Discussed maybe using our own referees for 2020. After looking into it we will advertise to hire our own.
  • Discussed the conduct of current referees and the fact that we have no way of holding them accountable.

YOUTUBE AND STATS:

  • We will be adding quarterback and passing stats this year
  • Game videos and stats must be uploaded by Tuesday at noon or else home team will be fined
  • League newsletter is in the works

HALL OF FAME AND HISTORIAN:

  • Will be on the website

PLAYERS’ COMMITTEE: N/A

OLD BUSINESS: N/A

NEW BUSINESS

  • Charity Games: Discussed and voted on making these games sanctioned due to the inability to hold players and teams accountable. The vote to sanction the games even when they are not on our home fields was motioned by Comanche and second by Warriors. It was then voted on with all in favor. These games must now also be filmed. Discipline will be handled by the teams. If not handled by the teams the league will then handle it.
  • Gate Fees: Discussed adding gate fees to help with growing field costs. The concern was the away teams traveling and then having to pay to attend the games. Donation bucket at gate was also discussed. Tabled the idea for now.

TEAM PRESENTATIONS

  • Monroe County Diamondbacks: Owners, Ben and Joe presented. Location is Monroe County with the field being in North Pocono.
    • Vote: Yes from all except the Comanche who abstained. The condition to being voted in was that the away jersey be mainly white in color.
  • Reading Raptors: Coach presented the team at the meeting.
    • Vote: Yes from everyone with a few conditions.
    • Conditions: First condition is that they provide a roster for their arena team at the December meeting. Second condition is that one of the owners, Bill or Brandon must attend the December meeting. The third condition is that arena players will be considered ineligible players in the GEFA.
  • New Jersey Rage: Owner presented the team. The home jersey will be black/hyper green and the away jersey will be all white. Their home field is in Tinton, New Jersey.
    • Vote: The vote was a split vote. Three teams said no and 6 teams said yes. Teams discussed their concerns of the distance to the field. They were voted in with a 6/3 vote with a few conditions.
    • Conditions: First condition is that they have a plan for notifying away teams of a forfeit in advance. This would avoid team driving the long distance and have the team forfeit. The second condition is that they change their name to something more centralized that does not cover the whole state.
  • York County Pharoughs: Coach presented at the meeting. Due to inconsistencies and unanswered questions they were asked to present again in December with the owner, Brian.

NAME CHANGE:

  • Dubois asked to change their name to North Central Pennsylvania Mountain Lions. All in attendance agreed to allow the name change.

Meeting closed: 2:51pm.


December Meeting

12:25- Called to order

Officer Roll Call: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Valley Director, North Expansion Director

Team Roll Call: N/A

Previous Minutes:

  • Minutes from past few months are posted on website.

PUBLIC COMMENTS: N/A

PRESIDENT’S REPORT: N/A

TREASURER’S REPORT

  • No players were presented as owing fees or equipment.

EXPANSION DIRECTOR REPORT

  • Maniacs to the Valley Conference– Cyclones motioned, Gorillas second, and all teams in attendance voted yes except one team.
  • Director Changes –  Mountain Director is now Travis and Valley Director is now Bubba
    • Vote – Warriors motion, Jaguars second and all in attendance voted YES.

LEAGUE IMPROVEMENT

  • Talked about limiting new players or changing the deadline. Nothing was decided at this time.

CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS: N/A

RULES AND OFFICIATING

  • False Start– Maniacs motioned, Tomahawk second,  all in attendance voted YES to play by the semi-pro rule for ‘ false start’.
  • Down By Contact – Cyclones motioned, Rage second, all in attendance voted YES for play by the semi-pro rule for ‘down by contact’.

YOUTUBE AND STATS: N/A

HALL OF FAME AND HISTORIAN: N/A

PLAYERS’ COMMITTEE: N/A

OLD BUSINESS: N/A

NEW BUSINESS

  • Schedule – 15 team schedule for 2019 season
    • Vote – Diamondbacks motioned, Jaguars second, all in attendance voted to give up to 30 days before the first game for a team to drop. Then we will use a 14 team schedule.
  • Easter Break — no longer a bye week
    • Vote – All in attendance except Jaguars voted yes to doing away with the Easter Break
  • Play Off Schedule Discussed top 8 teams or use point system. Nothing was decided. Will bring up again at the January meeting.
    • Vote – Shock motion, Warriors second and all in attendance voted YES.
  • Keystone Bowl Discussed using a neutral field or one team hosting at their field.  No vote at this time. Tabled until the January meeting.

TEAM PRESENTATIONS

  • Capitol City Gorillas presented.30/35 committed players, East Borough High School Field, Erie Insurance, have bathrooms, players have own equipment, no budget, they contacted officials, jersey colors are purple and white.
    • Vote All voted yes except the Vikings with the condition that they meet with Brian Rogers the expansion director.

Meeting CLOSED 1:42 pm  (Motioned Warriors, second Maniacs)

Weekly Predictions
NEW!
All-Stars
Administrator

2019 GEFA All-Stars

All voting is officially closed as of June 4 and below are your 2019 GEFA All-Stars! Teams will be selected on Thursday, June 6, at 8 PM ET, when we will be holding our live all-star fantasy draft; Team Wrobbel vs Team High! All-Star game is set to kickoff June 29 @ 1PM ET!

Read More »